Saturday, July 15, 2006

Things I do when I'm bored. #1

As the title may suggest, I'm bored. So here's my top 5 PSP games (that I've played).

1. LocoRoco.
This game is just the best thing ever. Whenever you feel sad play this game and you'll be smiling very, very soon. I don't know whether its the insane yet catchy music, the cuteness of the little Locos/Rocos/LocoRocos (what are they called?), the way they all scream when they come apart, when they see a baddie they shout "MOJA! MOJA!" (as thats what they're called) or little Muimui, but this game just shouts HAPPY! in a loud, but extremely cute & funny voice.
One of the best things I've played in a while.


2. Daxter
Well its kinda obvious this is gonna be near the top of my list coz I'm a big Jak & Daxter fan but even if you aren't you'll find this game fun. Like all the other games in the series, this is a piece of good quality....er...-ness and the graphics/story/gameplay and everything is just kool. What makes it even better is it's set just at the very beginning of Jak 2 (the best game ever) so its good seeing some of the same places and watching some of the plot holes be filled. The only thing I have to complain about is the length, very short for J&D, but I think ReadyAtDawn did a good job on this game.
Only just missed out on the top spot.

3. Viewtiful Joe: Red Hot Rumble
One word describes this game: craziness. Before my brother got this game I'd never heard of Viewtiful Joe in my life, now it's one of my fave games. I haven't actually played the story mode so cant comment on that but I found the rest of the game pretty damn great. It's one of those games you get sorta addicted to and everytime you see the PSP just sitting there screaming "Play me!" you just must obey.

4. Ape Academy
Yep, yep, yep, those Ape Escape monkeys have returned in this good, but can get frustrating, game. It's pretty much a load of mini games, some which I find impossible. (if anyone can do 'Monkey Juggle' or whatever its called, please let me know so I can marvel in your amazing greatness) I do find the two-player mode a lot of fun. Being able to play with your mates on some of the games with just one PSP is pretty kool.
Once you've been playing it for quite a while though you do get bored and I no longer play it anymore.

5. Star Soldier (I think that's what it's called)
People probably haven't heard of this but it is a fun game to play. Nice and simple. Basically it's a kinda arcade-type, shooty, space-shippy, try-and-beat-your-high-score game which wouldn't have you playing it all day but it's a good game to just pick up every now and again and see how far you get in it.


So, there you go. That kept me occupied for a while...

No comments: