Wednesday, September 06, 2006

R.I.P Pleasureland

After years and years and years of fun, Southport Pleasureland is now officially closed. The theme park just sadly wasn't making enough money. Even with investments in making the Traumatizer rollercoaster, Space Shot vertical drop ride and the Casablanca Family Entertainment Centre in the past few years it just wasn't enough to save the fair.Yeah it is really sad that it's closing and everything and it did suprise me at first when I heard the news but when I think about it, I can't help but think it makes sense. It did really only have one big ride there - the Traumatizer. I can't really say because I never went on it (it's been years since I've been to Pleasureland and I didn't like coasters back then) but ok, it might be a great ride but paying an £18 entrance fee to go on one coaster ain't too good. There is the old woodie rollercoaster The Cyclone as well but even £18 for two big rides still ain't too peachy (hehe, peachy...)
Even though it wasn't the best fairground in the world it was still part of Southport and I think everyone's going to miss it. Farewell Pleasureland!!!!!!
See the official statement thingy on the -->Pleasureland website
<--


I'd also just like to take this oppurtunity to say goodbye to the good ol' Log Flume (the longest in the world apparantly) in Blackpool Pleasure Beach. The last ride was on Sunday and it was meant to be getting demolished yesterday. I can't wait to see what new ride they're building on the site (B.P.B rocks!) but I'm really going to miss the log flume. We had some good times Loggy!!!!

No comments: